Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hospital admitted, beginning of 24hr+ VEEG

VEEG day 1, physical and emotional exhaustion. I'm sitting here in the dark on my phone while I wait for the munchkin winds himself down to go to sleep and look back on how long and how quick of a day it's been. Checked in at 8am, he had all his wires come in around 9am and took a good hour to get him all set to go. He tolerated it at first and after about half way through he started to get pissed because he had to be held in place and it was just taking so damn long (by his standards of course). Of course as all was said and done, he'd had enough and decided to pass out for three hours. 


Throughout the day he way pretty good considering his head is attached to tons of wires, all wrapped up. Not to mention the several on his arms and chest. You can tell he's a little sick of laying on bed, but who wouldn't be stuck in the hospital? I'm sick of being just stuck in his room, and I'm able to get up and walk around. We have to keep him in view of the camera recording him, so that limits him to his crib, or his stroller (in front of the crib) so he can eat solids, or in our arms on the chair (also in front of the crib). I write this all as he starts to jabber away again not wanting to go to sleep because he's stuck in his crib that I won't let him spin in, and he also napped most of the day. Hopefully he sleeps in for me tomorrow? 


They say both parents can stay the night, of course the only sleeping arrangements supplied is a long window seat to sleep on. I knew the chair wouldn't work for Chris, so I'm being nice and he gets to sleep at Aaron's while I'm here. Waiting on my morning coffee and long break from this room already. Both he and my mom have been wonderful today. Mom came with me this morning and stayed all day until Chris got here after work. Chris was very attentive and helpful while here and insistent I get out a bit tomorrow. Yet that's a little hard for me to do, not only being his mom and not wanting to leave his side; but knowing something is still happening in that brain of his. I saw it this afternoon and had to hit the "seizure button". Being here in the reality of it and knowing the reality of the results will be given to us tomorrow, still not sure if I'm ready to deal with. Who would want to anyway? Till tomorrow I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment